***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2018 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2018. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
The SW Engineering Intern will take direction from software leads and other engineering authorities at Raytheon. Responsibilities will include support of the software team with the requirements, design, coding, build process, data analysis, and tools maintenance in their specific program area on a variety of software development environments and platforms. Expect to collaborate with the some of the best engineers in the aerospace industry working on real-time embedded, tactical airborne systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2018) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2018) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2018) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Completed or planned coursework or equivalent knowledge/experience in the following areas: Programming in C and/or C++, Calculus for Engineers and Scientists
- Candidate should be proficient with general purpose computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a college Junior, Senior or Graduate student by Fall 2018
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Required Education (including major):
- Previous Software related co-op / internship experience
- Completed or planned coursework or equivalent knowledge/experience in following areas:
- Real-Time Embedded programming
- Software Engineering / Software life cycle
- Agile/Lean development techniques
- Software Integration
- Assembly language
- Ada programming language
- Signal Processing
- Algorithmic Fundamentals
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from an accredited four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2018. Must be working towards a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.