Posting Number S02487P
Position Title Assistant Vice Provost - DFA (S02487P)
Department Faculty Affairs
Job Family Executive/Administration
Position Status Full-time
Work Hours Standard
Open to External and Internal
Salary Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Duration Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
The Assistant Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs is responsible for working closely with the Vice Provost and the Associate Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs on university’s programs to ensure that faculty are successful in their teaching, scholarly, and leadership endeavors, thereby building and strengthening the academic mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and implementation of programs and initiatives aimed at the growth, development, and success of UTA’s faculty;
- Assist the Vice Provost with faculty awards and recognition;
- Work directly with Associate Vice Provost and Vice Provost on multiple ongoing projects such as ACUE and Leadership Academy I.
- Work collaboratively with College Deans and Department Chairs to review and update various college documents such as NTT Promotion guidelines and Department or Program faculty handbooks/bylaws;
- Work closely with Vice Provost with Annual Faculty Review and Tenure and Promotion operations;
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity to develop and support programs geared towards faculty diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in the development and management of professional development opportunities for all full and part-time faculty with an emphasis on mid-career faculty (e.g., mentoring and writing groups);
- Manage Faculty Profile System (Digital Measures) and collaborate with Vice Provost on best practices;
- Manage and compose bi-monthly Faculty Affairs Newsletter;
- Work closely with Colleges to track and perform oversight of Faculty Development Efforts Program;
A PhD or terminal degree in the field of study. Five (5) years of progressively responsible leadership and administrative experience in a university environment with experience as a faculty member. Leadership and management skills in developing and working with teams and
developing active and successful partnerships that include faculty, staff, students, and external constituent groups.
Experience with data base management, implementation and customization and the ability to collaborate with OIT and other data management services such as Analytics. Four (4) years of experience with the administration of Digital Measures. Administrator Certification by Digital Measures
Experience with the professional development of faculty and should demonstrate effective coaching skills, the ability to maintain effective collaborative and professional relationships with administrators, faculty and staff, and the capacity for establishing extramural relationships.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Work is performed in office environment. DFA is a busy office with many events across campus. This person will be expected to work at multiple locations to provide leadership and oversight of all programs and services in the area of faculty success and diversity.Requires some evening and/or weekend
work and travel.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, and major.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
Resume or CV