The position of Admissions Representative serves as a public representative of Casper College with responsibilities to develop and implement recruitment and admissions programs for prospective students.
The position of Admissions Representative collaborates with other enrollment services office personnel, employees throughout the institution, and state & regional schools, organizations & agencies with respect to new student recruitment efforts and processes. This person’s primary travel responsibilities will be throughout the State of Wyoming, but will do some travel in the surrounding states as assigned by the Director of Admissions Services.
- Participate in the development of an enrollment management marketing plan
- Fulfill assigned goals and objectives within the institution’s systematic enrollment management plan by using a variety of resources, to include, but not limited to:
- multiple modalities for communicating with prospective students, high schools, organizations and agencies i.e. phone, email, and social media etc.
- demographic and employment trend information with respect to targeted market populations
- familiarity with Casper College’s degree, curricular and support services offerings
- Assist with the creation and distribution of promotional and institutional marketing materials
- Participate in Post High School Planning Days Programs, college fairs, career fairs, trade shows, high school presentations and high school visits
- Travel extensively throughout the state and region up to [i.e., 50-75% of the time from September through April and 20-25% of the time from May to August]
- Participation in recruitment outreach activities with a particular emphasis on engaging prospective students from populations that are historically under-represented in higher education
- Coordinate and integrate recruitment efforts with the college’s diversity committee
- Coordinate and conduct campus visits for prospective students, groups and families
- Provide admission counseling to prospective students
- Assist with the development and implementation of New Student Orientation
- Become familiar with web site and monitor for needed updates.
- Actively assist with advising and registration processes.
- Work closely with departments to remain up-to-date on current career program degree, certificate and course offerings
- Prepare monthly and special reports as required by the Director of Admissions Services
- Recruit, train and supervise campus ambassador/work-study student employees
- Serve on various campus committees
- Perform a variety of other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Valid Wyoming Driver License, with good driving record
- 3 years of successful work experience
- Knowledge of:
- Casper College policies and procedures
- Community College Commission rules, AACRAO & NACAC guidelines, Federal and State regulations
- Casper College catalog, admission process, course selection and academic programs
- Financial aid, program award procedures, award notification process, and continuing award eligibility requirements
- FERPA rules and regulations
- Customer service practices
- Email, social networking and telephone etiquette
- Office equipment such as computer, printer, fax, scanner, photocopier, phone system, etc.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, database, document imaging, customer relationship management (CRM) and other related software applications
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Consistently apply good customer service skills
- Relate to prospective students from underrepresented populations
- Frequently travel
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Effectively organize and prioritize assigned work
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other people
- Work experience in an academic, admissions, student records, financial aid, or enrollment services area
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Interaction with the public will be required, especially when recruiting. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors traveling between campus buildings in various weather conditions. Travel will be required for this position, during which time the employee will be subjected to various environmental and weather conditions. Work is usually performed during the normal workday however, early morning; late evening and weekend work may be required during periods of critical attendance to meet the peak periods related to position responsibilities and requirements of the Enrollment Services department.
Employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials and use computer, feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required. Less frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required (office supplies, paper boxes, etc…).
Apply by June 8, 2018, and include the following:
Note to Candidates:
- Application, complete with 3 references
- Cover Letter
- Copies of Transcripts (official transcripts required upon employment)
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- A presentation may be required at time of interview.
- This is a benefited position. Click HERE to review Casper College's benefits.