Medical Scribes are the fastest growing position within healthcare. With the development of Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), physicians have been overloaded with documentation and clerical responsibilities. This increase in documentation ultimately decreases the amount of patient interaction.
EMR Scribes is a innovative, clinical healthcare company that helps improve overall efficiency within medical offices in a variety of specialties and environments, assisting healthcare providers with document their charts. As a result, we are able to provide quality, patient centered service.
Scribes accompany physicians and primarily document patient encounters (though other responsibilities may vary). Our employees work within a medical team and learn not only how to document like a physician, but also gain a unique perspective of the healthcare industry through first-hand clinical experience.
Those with aspirations of post graduate level education, attending Physician Assistant programs and plans of going to Medical school will greatly benefit from the medical experience and knowledge gained in this position.
EMR Scribes is seeking highly motivated, PA and MD/DO school bound individuals who demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive personal medical issues.
Schedule: Please note: Depending on physicians schedule (2-4 clinical days a week)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and be able to draft a comprehensive, accurate account based on patient and physician encounter. Charts must be organized and cohesive without grammatical errors.
- Keyboard proficiency of 65 wpm.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Maintain a commitment to high ethical standards.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of ICD and CPT coding a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in electronic health records is preferred.
- Following providers into patient rooms as transcribe as directed.
- Thoroughly and accurately recording all elements of patient encounters, including but not limited to: history of present illness, past medical history physical exam, diagnostic findings, lab and test results, a differential diagnosis, and any patient discharge instructions such as prescriptions, referrals, and followup appointments.
- Appropriately applying basic medical terminology and techniques from training.
- Maintaining and completing patient charts in EMR system per protocol. This includes updating the system with any relevant information since the previous patient visit.
- Checking progress of and review lab, radiology and other patient evaluation data for comparison, transcribing results.
- Interacting with fellow employees in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
- Learning and abiding by HIPAA guidelines.
- Performing other duties as required.
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Scribe: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tampa Bay, Florida (Preferred)