Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking mid-level Bridge Engineers for their San Diego and Laguna Hills offices to perform planning, design and construction support for bridge and transportation related structures; and may serve as design engineer or project engineer.
The qualified candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Serve as project engineer, design engineer or checking engineer as assigned
- Perform structural analysis, calculations and design
- Utilize structural analysis programs and bridge design software
- Oversee plan production and review drawings
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards and follow QA/QC procedures
- Assist with structure type selection
- Perform quantity take-offs and develop cost estimates for project budgeting and evaluation of alternatives
- Develop construction specifications
- Assist with monitoring of budgets and schedules
- Assist with engineering reports
- Review and properly apply the recommendations of engineering technical reports
- Perform construction phase services including shop drawing reviews and responding to contractor requests for information
- Formal education in civil / structural engineering. An advanced degree, i.e. MS or PhD is preferred
- 5-10 years experience in the analysis and design of all types of bridges including steel, concrete, precast and post-tensioned bridges with increasing responsibility over time
- Experienced in analysis and design techniques, code requirements and guidelines, and plans/details/drawings
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Experience with California bridge design practice is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or related. PE in CA or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.