Danbury Pharmacy is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a Pharmacy Technician( Spanish or Portuguese required).
At Danbury Pharmacy , we take pride to always provide our patients with maximum professional level of customer service. In short, our patients are not just our customers, they are our family.
Pharmacy technician duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assist pharmacist in dispensing prescriptions & over-the-counter products
- Retrieving prescription orders - counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications.
- Computer entry of prescriptions or refill requests
- Communicate with patients and doctor offices regarding prescription orders.
- Restock & reorder pharmacy supplies (vials, bottles, labels, paper, bags etc)
- Working with healthcare providers on medication prior authorizations
- Stock purchase orders
- Answer phone calls and complete sales to patients
- Properly document patient requests
- Communicate well with patients regarding orders & provide excellent customer service
- Check for expiring items & handle returns
- Pre-package dispill and monthly medication packs for patients.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping store area clean
- Deliver prescriptions to patients in nursing homes or personal homes in our company care (as needed)
- Ability to bring new customers to pharmacy
- Health Care profession background / Pharmacy Technician training, 1 or 2 years experience working in a pharmacy (preferred) or healthcare profession
- State certification as required (if you don't have one, we will apply on your behalf)
- National certification is a big plus but not required
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be 18 or older to apply to technician job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: NEGOTIABLE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Pharmacy Technician: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: