$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22-mile radius in Sussex County, DE ***
Team Beebe! One Beebe! Beebe Healthcare is one of the largest employers throughout beautiful Sussex County, DE and we have exciting career opportunities available for qualified professionals.
Responsibilities include: collaboration with providers to connect with patients for nutrition counseling, administers medical nutrition counseling as part of the health care team, establishes treatment plans and communicates with patients regarding program compliance, collaborates with bariatric care team on standard practices. Applicants must have excellent customer service skills. In order to be considered for the position, please visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org to fill out an application.
- Experience in acute care, outpatient counseling, and/or community nutrition preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of bariatric services including diagnostic/screening, wellness programs, and community outreach initiatives strongly preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Dietitian in the state of Delaware.
- Perform complete nutritional assessments that include but are not limited to: Pertinent history and physical, diet history, anthropometrics, indications for bariatric surgery, patient readiness and barriers to success, and implications of bariatric surgical procedures. Document and place orders in the EMR for nutrition related laboratory data for all patients assigned to the dietitian.
- Provide nutrition and lifestyle related education, counseling, and support on an individual and group level. Lead information sessions and classes that describe surgical procedures, identify risks and benefits of procedures, nutritional implications of surgical procedures, and define realistic expectations post operatively.
- Provide required data including medical necessity, anthropometrics, pertinent diet history, and surgical qualifiers to insurance companies for reimbursement approval.
- Provide preliminary interpretation of resulted laboratory data and relay these results to patients during scheduled appointments.
- Notify overseeing provider of abnormalities in the event that intervention is needed regarding lab values, contraindications for surgical procedures, or harmful patient behaviors.
- Provide nutritional recommendations utilizing the latest ASMBS guidelines.
We are experiencing tremendous growth which allows us to offer more services to more people in more locations. Beebe Healthcare offers you a healthy, supportive culture where you can truly flourish with an excellent patient-focused environment, and leading-edge technology. Working at Beebe provides a feeling of community and a place to call home away from home.
Join our team of heroes today to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
Visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org/careers to apply and for more information
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Dietitian (Preferred)
Work Location: In person