CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Active TS/SCI with current SSBI Security Clearance is required, MUST HAVE.
The Senior Systems Admin/Engineer is member of the Government Services Information Security team that is responsible for delivering Information Technology (IT) services and coordinating with Information Assurance (IA) personnel to ensure compliance with corporate and/or government policy, standards, procedures and industry best practices. The Sr. Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining program networks while working with the IA personnel and system owner to ensure the systems comply with applicable government policies. The Sr. Engineer will also be responsible for supporting equipment hosted on corporate network
Install, Maintain, and Secure Windows 2008 R2 & 2016 based Servers with various roles while maintaining security compliance standards
Domain Controllers, File servers, Print servers, DNS, IIS, Exchange to include clustered Hyper-V core servers
Configure and maintain file shares, Create and maintain AD and Exchange accounts, Server performance Monitoring
Plan and implement upgrades from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2016, Backup Exec solution
Monitor & verify backup jobs, Disaster recovery efforts, Distributed File System (DFS), Data Mirroring
Antivirus - proactive measures for virus and malicious code
Maintain and secure Windows Based workstations
Procure and implement new hardware, System Imaging, Create and implement group policies, Security script writing, Vulnerability assessment and mitigation
Maintain systems in accordance with system security plans, Implement new security requirements as required
Plan and implement upgrades from Windows 7 to 10, Troubleshoot user issues, Maintain network printers, New software evaluation, Maintain PBX and VM, Firewall & VPN maintenance and Network switch management
Windows OS, MS Office and other software, hardware issues, profile issues, IP related issues, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant system administration, user support and security control implementation work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Considered expert in one (or more) of the following areas: Networking, Operating System (MS/), Security hardening. Self-starter with strong self-management skills, with an ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to apply professional judgment in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Team oriented
- Active TS/SCI with current SSBI Security Clearance is required and a Polygraph will be Required if not current.
- 5+ years of dedicated system administration supporting all levels from tier 1 user desktop support to tier 3 backend server and network support.
- Hands on experience managing Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, File servers, Print servers, Backup systems, Anti Virus systems
- Hands on experience using information security tools such as NESSUS, HBSS, ACAS, SCAP.
- Hardware troubleshooting and repair, evaluate and recommend new products
- Professional/technical certifications, such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA or equivalent IT or Information Security related certifications.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.