Oscar Renda Contracting, (a Southland Holdings Co.) is currently accepting resumes for a highly motivated construction professional to join our team as a Construction Surveyor in Houston, TX. (Capers)
Responsibilities of this Land Surveyor role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by field staff
- Assist in the evaluation of potential dimensions and other field problems
- Perform layout work competently and accurately as specified by Project manager
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require use of surveying techniques
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities * Assist with conducting quantity calculations
- Needs to be able to do basic calculations
- Performs technical and professional level surveying activities
- Provide assistance in the surveying of roads and bridges
- Assist in determining land boundaries and rights-of-way
- 5 years heavy construction surveying experience
- Must be familiar with Federal OSHA regulations involving construction.
- Must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the duties outlined above.
- Post offer drug screen required Our ideal Surveyor candidate will possess the following:
- High school/College or equivalent of both education/experience.
- 3+ year of prior land survey experience preferred.
- Experience with using GPS and Total Station Instruments
*Full-Time employee benefits – Competitive pay, Health/Dental/Vision & 401K Match
For more than 85 years, hard-working, honest, innovative people have been building what has become SOUTHLAND HOLDINGS. We combine the strengths of four companies who share a dedication to building critical infrastructure projects which improve the environment and lives of those around us.
Southland Holdings is an EEO employer - M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Federal Osha regulations involving construction: 1 year
- using GPS and Total Station Instruments: 3 years
- Rodman: 3 years
- heavy construction surveying: 5 years
- High school or equivalent