Job Description Summary
Under the general supervision of the Dean and the Associate Dean/Director for Graduate Studies, this faculty member will work collaboratively with Coordinator of the Nurse Practitioner track and faculty to teach and facilitate continued program development and implementation in the Department of Graduate Studies with a focus on the psych-mental health nurse practitioner track. Primary responsibilities include teaching, curriculum development, implementation and evaluation, research/scholarship and service.
Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Facilitate student learning through effective teaching and evaluation of learning in assigned courses mainly in the primary care nurse practitioner tracks.
- Collaborate with curriculum review, development, and implementation
- Collaborate with scheduling courses, developing clinical affiliations, and student clinical learning experiences.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean/Director of Graduate Studies, NP Coordinator, Faculty, and other university departments in securing, managing, and maintaining resources to meet program needs and to facilitate achievement desired student outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean/Director in the recruitment of faculty as needed.
- Serve as an academic advisor, mentor, and advocate for students in the graduate program.
- Maintain research and/or scholarship productivity
- Provide services to the internal and external communities
Doctorate in nursing or related field required. The equivalent of three years of full-time clinical nursing experience plus three years of full-time equivalent psych-mental health nurse practitioner experience also required. Licensure as an advanced practice psych-mental health nurse (APN) in the state of Illinois or eligibility for same with application in process also required. Certified by ANCC as a Psych-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner required.
Teaching experience in an academic setting