Job Description: Merchandising Coordinator/Analyst
Excellent opportunity to join a well-established Direct to Consumer Specialty Gardening and Outdoor Living Company. Our garden brands of Park Seed, Jackson & Perkins, and Wayside Gardens are longstanding and highly respected in the industry. The Merchandising Coordinator/Analyst should be a highly motivated, intelligent, team-oriented professional who can help our company reach its goals. We seek a highly resourceful and creative individual who has a desire to support our merchandise team with analytics and vendor relations to execute product strategies.
- Analyze existing sales, traffic data and feedback within the company to identify trends, product and process concerns.
- Assist in establishing online leadership position through product assortment and merchandise presentation.
- Manage pricing policy to ensure that margin plans are met.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and requirement documentation.
- Work closely with Marketing, Creative Development and Design teams to ensure Merchandising initiatives are communicated and met.
- Assist Buyers with sourcing new vendors and product SKU creation.
- Assist with back-end processes for adding new product to the online store, includes tracking proper item images, copy and specs prior to going live on the web.
- Generate product development matrix for all new styles, ensuring that information is current and accurate.
- Communicate and follow-up with vendors, Marketing Department and Operations for new product specs, costs and lead times.
- Track new product development from conception to finished product.
- Manage Drop Ship Product Development Calendar for new item uploads.
- Assist Creative Department with proofreading and correcting preliminary page drafts.
- Act as back-up point of contact for vendor issues and inquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Strong analytical and MS Office/PC skills. Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain strong long-term relationships with vendors.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience, background and interest in Social Media a plus
- Location: Minneapolis, MN or Greenwood, SC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- MS Office: 1 year (Required)