If you have already accepted the online offer, please click "apply" in order to move forward with the onboarding process. You will be redirected to the application, where you will be asked to fill out the necessary information.
Job Role Responsibilities
Expected Level of Proficiency
Information or Library Science Intern
If you are earning a MS degree in Information or Library Science from an ALA accredited program and wish to apply for a summer intern position with ExxonMobil Upstream Research Co., please SUBMIT to this job by 5:00 pm, January 31, 2019. Assignments are varied.
- Current enrollment in or a May 2019 completion of a Masters of Information or Library Science degree from an ALA accredited program.
- Advanced understanding of information retrieval, metadata, searching techniques, and database structures
- Familiarity with tools for searching scientific and technical literature, internet search engines, and database services such as Proquest Dialog, EBSCO, and Alma Primo
- Utilize APIs and scripting languages to improve interoperability among systems to enhance/automate backend workflows and optimize users’ discovery experiences.
- Comfortable with conducting reference interviews with scientific and technical staff
- Familiarity with web technology, data analytics and visualization, taxonomies, and competitive intelligence research products and applications
- Compile statistics, analyze data, and prepare reports to inform decision making on purchases, de-selections, and remote storage utilization as well as support institutional reporting
- Skilled at providing customer education, including services, tools, and techniques for effective information retrieval and evaluation
- Discretion and judgment to evaluate, select, classify, organize, and filter information content (knowledge of MARC, OCLC and LCSH.)
- Willingness to learn and understand the technical and commercialization goals of the organization.
Minimum ten-week internship position for summer 2019 (flexibility in starting and ending dates). Additional Information:
- Intern will present a review of their project to Technical Information staff and management at the conclusion of the internship.
- Intern will also participate in sponsored activities with other ExxonMobil interns during the course of the summer.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market:
Database, Research, Technology