REPORTS TO: VP, Marketing
FUNCTION: The Sponsorship and Donation Coordinator maintains the calendars and editorial assets associated with company-sponsored events as well as the management of company donations within the marketing/sales services department and interfaces across teams to ensure execution. This detail-oriented and highly organized individual works with current sponsorships to ensure fulfillment of digital and editorial content assets, product delivery and presentation while leveraging benefits and visibility. Responsibilities also include evaluating incoming opportunities for both sponsorships and donations, and presenting recommendations to the VP of Marketing, based on set criteria by Trade and Brand Ambassador.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SAFETY: Maintains a high level of safety awareness by attending safety meetings and training. Responsible for adherence to all safety procedures.
- SPONSOR RELATIONS COORDINATION: Team liaison with external sponsor relationships to manage dissemination of assets as well as timely and efficient leveraging of sponsor benefits, including tickets, editorial, print, social media and related initiatives and engagements. Also responsible for timely order and delivery of product as needed, as well as coordinating event attendance by J. Lohr representatives. For high-visibility sponsorship events, after consultation with VP Marketing, coordinates with Lohr family members and/or winemakers on attendance.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Receives and evaluates approximately 300-400 Northern California donation requests per year, using set criteria by Trade and Brand Ambassador, and makes recommendations to VP Marketing for approval. Responds to all incoming requests regarding J. Lohr’s level of participation (product donation, non-wine donation, representation/pouring at event, 1 for 1, auction item, or polite declines, etc). Coordinates inventory and pickup for each donation, and ensures that appropriate donation records are maintained. Provides periodic updates on donation activities.
- MARKETING ASSET FULFILLMENT: Partner with design coordinator to create assets to maximize visibility. Examples – customized banners, tabletop displays, branded items, etc.
- SPONSORSHIP/DONATION DATABASE MANAGEMENT: Ensures that all sponsorship and donation information is accurately entered into the database. During the first 12 months of the new online donation request program (due to be implemented late in 2016), will issue correspondence to previous donation recipients with updated information on the new request procedures.
- CONTENT CALENDARS MAINTENANCE: Ensures that calendars for events (trade associations, consumer, donations), and sponsorship (assets, messages, content) are maintained and accessible.
- TEAMWORK: Adheres to and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner. Cooperates with personnel in other departments to ensure the best overall results for J. Lohr Winery.
- OTHER DUTIES: As with all positions at J. Lohr Winery, other jobs or special projects may arise outside the realm of this job description. Doing other assignments on a fill-in basis is expected of every employee.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Winery’s insurance carrier is required for this position.
- At least 4 years experience in advertising and/or marketing is required. Two years college level training in business, marketing or public relations, or equivalent experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills, including efficient use of Microsoft Office and the ability to manage databases.
- Excellent communication, writing and editorial skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Strong reasoning skills, judgment and problem-solving skills. Candidate will have the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and priorities.
- Basic understanding of wines and wine terminology desired.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: Extensive (2/3 of the time). Some (less than 1/3 of the time) standing, walking, bending, squatting, reaching over shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds; simple grasping, pushing/pulling with both hands. Drives automotive equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sponsorship: 2 years (Preferred)