The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
- As a Systems Engineer Senior, you will be supporting the LM Space Engineering Visualization Services.
- This job entails integrating a diverse set of visualization services and technologies for multiple programs.
- You will develop CAD models of satellite processing facilities from LIDAR point cloud data.
- You will employ software modeling tools to develop, convert, & optimize CAD models for use in 3D virtual environments, depict spacecraft processing flows using 3D models of Spacecraft, Booster, Facility, and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and other ancillary CAD data.
- You will perform software development with Unity, Unreal, and CryEngine game engines, and perform hardware/software integration with Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) devices.
- You will function as technical liaison with Air Force and government agency customers and internal customers.
- You will utilize virtual simulation in support of various engineering efforts.
- Develop customer deliverables including engineering drawings, images, 3D simulations, movies.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Experience in engineering.
- Experience in aerospace
- Experience with CAD, Mechanical Engineering or 3D modeling tools
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- US Citizenship and the willingness/ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with CAD applications UGNX, IDEAS, Pro-E, Catia, Microstation, AutoCAD.
- Experience in LIDAR/laser acquisition, registration, and construction of 3D models from 2D photos and 3D imaging LIDAR scan point clouds.
- Experience with Game engine model workflows, PBR materials, shaders. Launch Site Ground Ops and/or Satellite Assembly Ops.
- Experience in image editing, 3D modeling, FK/IK rigging, animation, Autodesk 3dsmax, Inventor, REVIT, Adobe CC, C#, C++. Experience with 360 video editing and production.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.