United States of America
Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace is looking for engineers to join our Summer Engineering Projects Program (SEPP) for summer 2020. Our SEPP interns work on high profile, high impact projects that immerse students in tackling real world problems that directly feed into our business’s strategy. For 2020, this Mission Systems team will focus on a Missionized Integrated Autonomy demonstration that will combine several key capabilities across mission systems such as UAS automatic landing, perception-based path planning, and autonomy.
- Develop, prototype, and test estimation and control algorithms in simulation
- Write detailed algorithm description documents
- Work closely with system and software engineers to ensure successful implementation
and testing of algorithms
- Support flight test campaigns for unmanned aircraft
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise technical presentations to internal and external
Must Have Requirements:
- Pursuing an advanced degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, computer science, or related field
- US Citizenship / Permanent Residence required
- Specialization in control, estimation, and unmanned aircraft
- proficient in Matlab/Simulink and C/C++ programming
A successful candidate may have
- Experience with localization, mapping, and path planning
- A solid understanding of aircraft navigation systems
- Background in trajectory planning and optimization algorithms
- Background in image processing
- Working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
- Hands-on experience with unmanned aircraft and/or robotics
This part is specific to SEPP. Expect this part to be the same for all 5 reqs related to this project.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.