It's a ruff job, but someone's got to do it! If you love dogs, have great dog and people skills and want to get paid for playing with dogs, we would love to talk to you about a job as a dog handler/trainer-in-training at Wagging Tails Pet Resort. Our dog handlers will work with our dogs to keep them safe, engaged and having fun. If you are interested in becoming a dog trainer, we can train you as you work as a handler. To be a part of our team, you must be great with animals and people, listen to the owners' comments and concerns for how they want their pet to benefit from day care and boarding and then use that knowledge to ensure all our guests have fun and stay safe. The staff is friendly and we all work as a team. No harsh handling techniques are permitted. Must be available nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision.
- Be detail oriented in a “fast-paced” work environment.
- Treat each pet with respect and decency.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with the Team and pet owner.
- Work well as a team
- Always act and dress in a professional and work appropriate manner.
- Be able to multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Be reliable and on time for work.
- Maintain a Clean, Safe, and Fun working environment.
- Care for and manage up to 30 dogs of varying temperaments.
- Monitor social time in play yards.
- Learn names and common behaviors of each dog and manage them accordingly.
- Use basic obedience commands for manners reminders and dog handling.
- Detect, discourage and manage overly excited, aggressive or inappropriate behavior.
- Ensure dogs are safe when being exercised and socialized during playtime.
- Report issues or bad behavior to manager/trainer.
- Immediately report injuries or health related issues to manager and front desk.
- Reward dogs for good behavior.
- Discourage jumping, pulling on leash, barking, growling, aggression, etc.
- Manage arousal levels of all dogs in your care.
- Keep accurate records.
- Feed dogs and keep them healthy.
- Create and be a part of a fun environment.
- Learn how to play with dogs in a way that stimulates them and be a part of a fun, dynamic group of dogs.
- Keep the play yard clean and poop free.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and sanitizing kennels and kennel equipment.
- Emptying trash cans and poop bins.
- Disinfect facility and yards per the task list schedules.
- Wash and clean kennel and play equipment per the task list schedules.
- Maintain a clean and well-kept facility per the task list schedules.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
Please provide Cover Letter and Resume. No phone calls or drop ins.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dog Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Hours per week: