Burnham & Flower Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing professional with at least 2 years of progressively more responsible experience in corporate communications, project management and event planning. We are looking for a creative individual with demonstrated written communication, strong organization,and communication skills. Must be self-directed and flexible, with experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, journalism or related field or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience related to writing for a business or membership-based organization.
Competitive wages and full benefit package. See below for a full list of essential duties and responsibilities.
If you’re up for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 25th.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Annually researches and writes content for:
- 2 Update Newsletters
- 6 News from OTARMA columns in the Ohio Township News Magazine
- 1 feature article and 1 sponsor profile article for Michigan Township NewsMagazine
- 1 feature article – educational content about a B&F service
- 1 profile article – description of B&F
- 3 annual reports- Prepare sales & marketing content for OTARMA, PEP & IPARKS Annual Reports
- Writes ad copy for print publications and sales promotional pieces
- Write IPARKS Executive Summary, an overview of activities described in quarterly Sales, Marketing & Service reports.
- Oversees corporate participation and vendor booth exhibitions at 20 annual conferences, including all aspects of special events, receptions and entertainment planning
- Establishes conference-related direct billing accounts and works with accounting department to pay conference-related expenses and invoices
Company Memberships, Affiliations and Sponsorship:
- Serves as liaison for B&F membership renewals and obtains expense approvals
- Processes conference registrations and County Township Association Meeting (CTAM) sponsorship materials
- Works with accounting department to process payments
- Collaborate with York to provide annual IPARKS, PEP and OTARMA calendars featuring member-provided photos to members, service providers, account managers, board members, staff and others. Responsibilities include: Solicit photos from members, evaluate and select photos, design calendars, work within budgets, ensure photography waivers are signed; track photographers’ names for photo credits, identify quantities to be printed and mailed
- Coordinate promotional activities for IPARKS such as ; Design,order, ship and track deliveries of complimentary items (i.e., fleece jackets,exemplary member certificates, membership plaques, etc.).
- Supports the mission and goals of the Agency in order to serve internal and external customers
- Follows and supports Agency policies and procedures
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
- Conducts self in a professional manner and maintains confidentiality
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Actively participates in meetings, committees and volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity