At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love building technology that connects players worldwide? Do you have the technical experience to deliver ambitious new game systems and perfect existing ones? Do you enjoy having the autonomy to use your experience, judgment and problem solving abilities to overcome a variety of challenges? If so, wow, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Online Engineer capable of working with our online team to build impactful features and services for both players and developers. You will work closely with technical leads, product owners, and producers to create the best possible experience for our passionate fanbase.
- Create and contribute to online systems like matchmaking, gameplay, automated testing, live operations, community content management, stability, performance, and more
- Work closely with our backend services team to represent game team interests and requirements.
- Represent concerns such as security, scalability and standard conformity to game teams
- Ensure that developed code meets the highest standards
- Lead the efforts of and coordinate collaboration with team members and point out ways to improve design implementation
- Develop code to facilitate statistical queries and implement hooks to improve data-gathering and player insights
- Fluent knowledge of C++
- A keen, analytical mind with strong problem solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years of experience on commercial game projects or in a related field
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Familiar with AWS, Python, C#, and SQL
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Previous experience with JIRA and Perforce.
- History of shipping successful online games or applications
- Previous experience in maintaining and improving online stability and performance
- Proven ability to work and communicate with teams both local and remote
- Experience working with PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $180,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com