The Instructional Designer will create and develop training materials and systems that effectively support company initiatives and programs for all levels within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts needs analysis, develops training objectives and lesson plans, and collaborates with Restaurant Operations teams and Restaurant Support Center teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of training needs to develop high-quality custom course work for the target audience.
- Researches and organizes information and writes instructional materials (tutorials, audio and video scripts, tests, etc) that are professionally written, clear and effective.
- Manages project resources (people and material) to ensure deliverables are completed in scope and on schedule.
- Develops and designs new instructional materials and training curriculum while maintaining current materials for employees at all levels within the organization.
- Creates and maintains Learning Management System content and reporting.
- Evaluates training program effectiveness and results.
- Supports team members and leadership by responding to questions or requests regarding all aspects of training as they relate to training materials and/or programs and service procedures.
- Stays current with all aspects of Ruby Tuesday operations, policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and conducts training sessions including session planning, content development, presentation and logistics.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, HR, or related discipline required
- 3-5 years work experience required
- Hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Familiar with adult learning styles
- Proficient using MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel, Articulate and Storyboard experience preferred
- Excellent technical writing skills to include composition, editing, grammar/spelling and formatting
- LMS administration required
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)