AMEWAS is seeking an energetic and highly self-motivated individual to oversee our Human Resources Department. The HR Manager will be required to have a high attention to detail, be extremely effective at multi-tasking, and be able to assist in all functional areas of the department. The position is located at our corporate headquarters in California, MD.
A typical day as the HR Manager:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Plans, organizes and oversees all activities and functions of the department to include but not limited to:
- Compliance (EEO, AA, FMLA, etc.)
- Benefits administration & management
- Policy creation & maintenance
- Responding to disciplinary Issues, including employee counseling & terminations
- Annual performance review process
- Organizational Training
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in HR Management
- Must have a high attention to detail
- Experience utilizing Deltek Costpoint is required
- Understanding and experience with interpreting relevant employment & labor laws
- Knowledge of Human Resources methods and procedures is required, which should include benefits management, recruiting, employee relations, policy development, employee training, and HR compliance.
- Have the ability to respond well to situations that are out of the ordinary or that are unexpected.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills are required
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant professional HR certifications is required
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Human Resources Manager.
AMEWAS, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About the Organization
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran owned company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 30 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers' needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS has 4.8/5 stars on Glassdoor! Check out our reviews HERE and see what other job seekers have to say!
Our excellent benefits and rewards include:
- Generous tuition and training assistance program
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
If interested, please submit your resume at http://amewas.applicantstack.com/x/openings
To learn more about our organization, please visit http://www.amewas.com. And to learn more about our surrounding location, please visit http://www.visitstmarysmd.com