Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the
partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Product Specialist for the Pinetops, North Carolina location. You will be performing various product, system or service life cycle activities supporting development, launch, maintenance, pricing, and profitability.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the contact person of PG3406 & 3407 GPM’s and GPM teams for the local market and organization in NAM. Perform various product/solution/service life cycle activities supporting development, launch, maintenance and training.
- Collaborate with internal LBU teams (i.e. manufacturing, quality, engineering, supply chain, and logistics) to ensure customer satisfaction (e.g. zero series support, cost monitoring, etc.).
- Prepare various analyses by product and competitors. Collaborates with internal teams to share data as needed.
- Support customer and colleagues with technical and application knowhow (e.g. homologation processes) and assists resolution of customer issues.
- Support the LBU in Design to Order (DTO) and Engineer to Order (ETO) according the BU/GPG Guideline and propose product enhancement ideas to Product Managers in GPM team.
- Contribute to the idea capture and definition of new product/system/service technical characteristics for product development, by providing specific expertise, coming also from existing portfolio.
- Assist sales and marketing teams in the launch of new products and contributes to marketing plans.
- Prepare, together with GPM team and with Marketing & Communication (MarCom), required marketing and promotional tools (e.g. presentation, catalogue, etc.).
- Create together with GPM teams external and internal product training modules and programs.
Specific activities and accountabilities are aligned around core responsibilities of the role as follows:
- Product launch - Support the product/system/service development process from project specification to product/system/service launch. Assists sales and marketing teams in the launch and selling of new products/systems/services.
- Customer relations - Collaborates with internal teams (i.e. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Research & Development, Supply Chain, and Logistics) to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists with resolution of customer product/system/service issues and may accompany internal partners to customer sites.
- Sales targets - Participates in determining sales targets for sales force.
- Marketing plan - Collaborates to define marketing plans in order to promote sales activities.
- Training - Delivers new product/system/service training to internal teams and customers.
- Price list - Prepares price lists for review and approval, and delivers customer quotations.
- Analysis - Prepares various analyses by market, product and competitors. Collaborates with internal teams to share data as needed.
- Marketing tools - Contributes to the preparation of marketing tools to support the business and the Sales organizations.
- Product improvement - Proposes new product/system/service development or product/system/service enhancements in order to offer suitable and unique solutions to customer needs. Contributes to the definition of new product/system service technical characteristics by providing specific expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 5 years of experience in product management, Engineering, or Business experience.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- MBA and/or Project management certification.
- Language – Spanish, oral and written fluency.
- Exceptional listening, spoken and written communication, and presentation skills as well as out-standing interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to easily manage large amounts of competing priorities.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and concepts and communicate them in technical and commercial terms as well as in layman’s terms for end users.
- Confident speaking in front of and interacting with groups of professionals of varying backgrounds and technical ability.
- Solid understanding of electrical power systems, and related applications and terminology.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and high priority projects.
- Strong teaming skills allowing bringing together diverse views and leading teams to accomplish tough challenges with successful outcomes.
- Ability to arrive at creative solutions that are not readily apparent and to turn unclear facts into logical patterns and concepts.
- Up to 30% travel required, including possibly some international travel.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Pinetops, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Distribution Solutions
Date posted 2018-10-04
Job Function Product Management
Publication ID US66136698_E3