Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1200+ person firm with practices in the following disciplines: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on landmarks to exhibitions from the historic to the high performing while balancing multiple objectives which include form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. At our core, TALENT is the center of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. seeks talented engineers with five to ten years of experience for our San Francisco, CA office. Projects include new construction and retrofit in education, healthcare, civic, high rise and sports facilities.
- Structural analysis, design and detailing of steel, concrete, masonry and timber systems.
- Generation of three-dimensional analytical and Building Information Models using various software programs, such as AutoDesk REVIT, TEKLA, Rhino, Grasshopper, SAP, ETABS and others.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Preparation of construction documents within a BIM environment.
- Ability to independently coordinate and produce small to medium size sets of construction documents.
- Master’s preferred in structural or architectural engineering, or a related field.
- PE license required, SE license preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently on multiple projects at a time.
- Experience managing junior engineers to efficiently produce calculations and sketches.
- Ability to think “outside the box” to provide creative custom solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit cover letter with resume.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.