Lincoln Park Zoo inspires communities to create environments where wildlife will thrive in our urbanizing world. The zoo is a leader in local and global conservation, animal care and welfare, learning, and science. A historic Chicago landmark founded in 1868, the not-for-profit Lincoln Park Zoo, is a privately-managed, member-supported organization and is free and open 365 days a year. Visit us at lpzoo.org.
15 hrs/week - (10 weeks) For college credit only / not paid
Lincoln Park Zoo is hiring a graphic design intern to help support the in-house creative team with the design and production of various print and digital projects (marketing collateral, event promotions, signage, digital graphics, iers, brochures, iconography/vector work, and infographics). We’re looking for a design student who has a strong command of typography as it relates to brand communications.
- Learn to conduct design and brand research and participate in brainstorm sessions with design and communications team.
- Learn to communicate a point of view and sell a creative vision.
- Learn the operations of an in-house design department
- Build experience with asset management— organizing photo libraries and archival documents
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Working toward completion of a BFA or BA in Graphic Design (rising senior preferred).
- Fluency with core graphic design principles.
- Exceptional typographic skills, and photo retouching is a must.
- Available for two days per week
- Experience with various print techniques/processes.
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse qualities, perspectives, values and experiences of all people. For Wildlife. For All.