Kirker Enterprises is a custom manufacturer of nail lacquer and nail care treatment products since the 1940’s that has evolved into a full turnkey operation. We are currently looking for an engaging, experienced EHS engineer to support our facilities in NJ. This is a “hands on” position that provides critical subject matter expertise and program management in support of compliance, company sustainability efforts, technical reporting and resolution of complex issues.
Candidate should apply technical knowledge at the level of professional in the field of health, safety, quality, and environmental compliance, and risk assessment in a specialty chemical operation.
- Oversee permitting, compliance, auditing, situational risk assessments, continuous improvement programs, employee engagement, training and education, and monitoring of new/emerging regulations that could affect the site on a local, state and federal level.
- Play a key role in regulatory interpretation and compliance functions at the site.
- Management health, safety, quality, and environmental compliance and performance functions in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines and applicable requirements.
- Active participate on VP of Operation meetings and involved in the management of the plants.
- Identify potential non-compliance conditions along with corresponding solution options to address the non-compliance.
- Conduct regular EHS meeting/training and schedule as needed.
- Records, analyze, and reports key health, safety, quality, and environmental metrics for the plant.
- Oversee the role of 3rd party environmental professionals or consultants.
- Review technical documents, prepare specifications and related procedures.
- Mentor supervisors/managers in the EHS arena on an individual level.
- Perform special assignments within the company to develop and implement solutions to specific needs. Represents the company in trade associates and interactions with local, State and Federal Agencies.
- Serves as an expert resource for EHS related regulations and cost effective compliance.
- Establish measurement, monitor performance and progress of EHSQ matters.
- Acts on behalf of the Company in agency inspections.
- Oversee Hazard Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Administer accident process and evaluation.
- Up to 40% travel to local Kirker facilities in NJ for meeting, training, inspections, etc.
- BS or advanced degree in Engineering, relevant science or specific environmental discipline.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in a chemical plant setting.
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental issues. Willingness to adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules, plant rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, ERP and the ability to use proprietary database and other computer based applications.
- Organization skills, detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision to accomplish goals and meet schedules, and work as a team leader/facilitator to address specific issues.
- Posses strong problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to be a subject matter expert and has detailed process knowledge of operations.
- Communicate effectively and work with various departments.
- Willing to travel (locally) up to 40% of the time.
We offer full range of benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision plan, GTL, AD&D, STD, LTD, 401k and retirement pension plan.
Qualified candidates please submit resume along with cover letter for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental Engineering: 5 years (Required)