Director of Marketing and Sales
Supervises Marketing and Sales team, currently 3 people
The Director of Marketing and Sales, a member of the management team, will partner and collaborate with other department leaders to develop and implement strategic priorities for the business. Maintain overall responsibility for all sales and marketing operations. Provide all stakeholders with strategic direction and leadership, developing plans to achieve sales and meet profit goals. Monitor staffing level and talent, structure, workflow, competencies and department budget to effectively support the business. Actively participate in product development and launch to meet market needs.
- Provide leadership expertise in developing efficient and focused sales and marketing strategies; achieve the company’s strategic, growth, and profit objectives.
- Create annual sales forecasts; projecting expected sales volume by product line for existing and new products; analyze trends and results; establish pricing strategies; recommend selling prices; monitor costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Align and influence product development, function, and customer segment resources to ensure that objectives are met and market needs are addressed successfully by the company.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Develop and monitor the marketing communications program to successfully position the company and products, build brand awareness, and grow market share in key markets.
- Develop and maintain strong cooperative relationships with the appropriate level representatives at distributor and sales partner organizations. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Monitor competitor’s products, sales, and marketing activities.
- Select, manage, evaluate, and develop staff. Set goals for the sales and marketing team, manage execution, measure, and report results.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending conferences, reviewing professional publications and participating in industry specific trade groups.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budget. Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Participate in Management meetings. Communicate intricate details as well as high level strategies to corporate leadership team.
- Review and analyze sale performance against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Business Acumen Communication Proficiency
Customer/Client Focus Leadership
Presentation Skills Problem Solving/Analysis
Results Driven Strategic Thinking
Must be able to travel as needed to meet with key accounts, sales partners, OEMs, attend trade shows, etc. Travel may include international destinations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline. Masters preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years' experience in sales and business development, preferably in electrical test, HVAC, or related equipment.
- Must have a proven, successful track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets in competitive markets.
- Will have experience managing an international distributor sales network; internal sales & marketing staff.
- Will have participated as part of management team.
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. 40 + hours are expected weekly. Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license; must be able to be insured as a driver by the Company’s carrier.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as required by business needs. If specified duties listed on a formal Offer of Employment differ from those shown on this document, the Offer of Employment takes precedence.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this or any other DENT Instruments job.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- B2B marketing: 8 years (Required)
- B2B Sales: 8 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location