Are you tired of wasting your skills working to patch legacy applications and ready for a new challenge? Apply your knowledge, skills and experience to building a truly modern application that is new development and cloud native, and work in a SecDevOps environment that includes continuous integration/continuous deployment, test automation, in a consistent agile software development framework? Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting best practices in agile software development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BECN Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the nation’s safety and security. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity. ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial. We are looking for Help Desk Specialist who have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and troubleshooting deployed software.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with a team of Help Desk Specialists who support BECN associated applications. Program requires support 24x7x365 days a year, the selected individual must be available to support this schedule. May include weekends, overnights and Federal Holidays. * Troubleshoots and determines problems for customer specific operating systems and applications.
- Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets.
- Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user, the technician escalates problem to the appropriate team.
- Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Assists in writing and updating project documentation including specification manuals, system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
- Works on project teams with the customer and technical staff to broaden the understanding of customer concerns and to coordinate efforts to implement desired changes.
- Requires strong communication and excellent customer service skills. Role may be considered mission critical.
- Troubleshoot application releases from the service desk level and monitor reported bugs/defects to be reported to the development team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o Three-year check for felony convictions o One-year check for illegal drug use
o One-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
You are good at:
- US Citizenship required
- A DHS Entrance on Duty (EOD) must be obtainable to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment
- Requires a High School degree or equivalent, and at least one (1) year of related work experience
- Knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
- Hands on experience with incident and problem management
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to be on call nights/weekends/holidays
What We Can Offer You:
- Providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Responding to queries via Phone call, Email, or direct contact
- Providing detailed reports on ticket status’
- Incident/Outage Tracking Bonus would be having:
- Experience with incident and problem management systems (e.g. Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
- COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.