Who we are: Stanley Consultants helps clients globally with complex challenges in power, transportation, water and environmental for utility, industrial, higher education and local, state, federal and foreign government agencies. We are ranked #76 among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and #129 among the Top 225 International Design Firms. Founded in 1913, Stanley Consultants has over 1,000 members in 30 offices worldwide and has worked in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world. Wide Range of Service Capabilities
: the services we provide include planning, design, permitting, construction management, program management and alternative project delivery. Our Purpose, Vision and Core Values
: our passion for problem solving drives creativity and innovation, creating bold solutions for our clients. We inspire powerful minds by embracing a global mindset, diversity and the training to build skills that stretch the imagination. Member-Owned Company
: our commitment to member (employee)-ownership, sharing responsibilities and rewards, and contributing to our communities has sustained us for more than 100 years. Our members hold themselves personally responsible for client success and the progress of the firm.
We are seeking a mid-level Cost Estimator to assist with projects out of our Muscatine, Iowa office. This position could be based in Muscatine, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Austin, Chicago or Denver. The Cost Estimator develops and checks cost estimates for a variety of architectural, civil, industrial, institutional, and utility type projects. Overtime as needed. Some travel possible.
Essential duties include:
- Prepares material take-offs and reviews take-offs of others from planning documents or engineering drawings.
- Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
- Prepares and/or reviews final Engineer’s estimate.
- Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Requires 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Must possess the ability to read construction documentation
- Previous construction experience is a plus
- Must possess strong PC skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in scheduling and use of scheduling software is a plus
- Experience in MII and SUCCESS Estimating software is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.