New York, NY & Bellevue, WA
We’re looking for a talented Project Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for estimating scope, managing scheduling and leading cross-team coordination for multiple client-facing software development projects.You will help lead large and complex projects, manage development teams, and help develop an already collaborative and dedicated team.
As a Project Manager at Sportsrocket, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers and QA to ensure timely deliverables and adhering to deadlines.
- Drive a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch, with a strong focus on details, but never losing sight of the big picture.
- Translate observations and discussions into detailed user stories and manage the story writing, prioritization, tracking, and acceptance of the product backlog in an agile environment.
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, perform acceptance testing and lead product launches.
- Help your team work together smoothly in an agile process and work diligently to bring rigor to our product development process.
- Solid experience working in a project management capacity at a consumer-facing web company (agile, start-up environment preferred).
- Proven record project managing the software development lifecycle of web and mobile applications.
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
- Experience and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches.
- Excellent writing, organizational, leadership, follow-up and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts.
Incubated by Bedrocket Media Ventures, Sportsrocket is building the leading global network of OTT sports channels. Over the last three years, we have built and launched leading digital sports channels, including Network A, Kick TV, and Skratch, and built the best-in-class technology platform for leagues, teams, rights holders, and fans. Sportsrocket is changing the way sports rights holders think about creating online video channels through our proprietary technology and creative studio. Sportsrocket was founded by Brian Bedol, who previously co-founded Classic Sports Network (now known as ESPN Classic) and College Sports Television (CSTV). CSTV pioneered bringing sports into the digital age, launching March Madness on the web and building a network of 350 university sites on a common technology platform.
Sportsrocket is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.