Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Are you a Research scientist with technical aptitude? Alexa Automotive is looking for a research scientist to bring Alexa - the voice controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo – in automobiles. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers in personal mobility with Alexa in the car.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the natural language understanding models for our customers in local search, navigation/traffic and public transit areas. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
- Master’s or PhD in a relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience using Python, Perl, or another scripting language; command line usage
- Experience diving into data to discover hidden patterns and conducting error analysis
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with statistical modelling or machine learning
- Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems