GP Strategies is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist in Columbia, Maryland to prepare, processe, audit and distribute payroll in a multi-state environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes and maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data.
- Resolves basic payroll discrepancies by researching issues.
- Processes, collects and/or remits special payments which may include wage withholdings, garnishments, child support, benefit deductions, levies, P11D and monthly P35 payment/reconciliations.
- Assists with compiling all information for internal and government required audits.
- Calculates and prepares manual payroll checks, as needed.
- Prepares void/manual check adjustments, corresponding general ledger adjustments, manual checks and stop payment requests/reissues.
- Coordinates timesheets collection and sending for micro-filming.
- Updates payroll processing checklist.
- Updates payroll policy and procedures manual.
- Mails paychecks semi-monthly.
- Maintains employee personnel and payroll files.
- Processes and distributes all required employee notices including year end W2’s and T4’s.
- Runs monthly employee data reports for distribution.
- Assists with quarter and year end payroll tax filings.
- Assist with payroll and employee benefits acquisition integration.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years' experience processing payroll inhouse for multi-states.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift