Are you graduating in the winter of 2023 and looking for the first step in your career?
Weis Builders is proud to be built on a foundation of open communication, an excitement of our industry, 80+ years of consistent business growth and continuous family-owned leadership.
We offer associates individualized professional and personal development, challenging experiences, meaningful projects, and a supportive team atmosphere. Weis Builders understands the importance of technology to help motivate and engage your work experience. Let our culture of Building Relationships be a top consideration for your work-life balance and well-being. …it is this culture statement that is core to our success with associates, clients, vendors, and the communities in which we work.
The PE plays a vital role in the success of each project as the central hub for project information between the Project Superintendent and Project Manager, our client and the architect.
What you ll do
- Develop lasting relationships with clients, architects, vendors to understand future planning as well as support Weis Builders continuous growth.
- Preconstruction/Project start up: Assist in material take offs, obtaining subcontractor and supplier quotes, schedule preparation and subcontract award.
- Construction Management: identify and implement cost and time saving measures, obtain permits, assist in field start up activities, create reports as needed, obtain submittals and manage submittal process, submit weekly OFIs for future projects.
- Post Construction: Assist Project coordinator to obtain final closeout submission documents, prepare project records for storage, warranty follow ups.
- General: acquire understanding of building code and design, learn and improve personal/technical and managerial skills, assist as needed to ensure timely and economic project completion.
What you ll bring
- Quickly develops rapport with others and is effective in a collaborative environment
- Construction Management and/or Engineering Degree or related field Experience
- Client focus
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong work ethic
- Professional composure, integrity