North American University continues to grow and are now expanding the career center. We are looking for an Assistant Director Career and Success Office.
The Assistant Director Career and Success Office works as part of the Student Services team to provide guidance and provision to the students throughout their University experience. Oversees and coordinates on a variety of programs associated with student success within a major, a separately functioning academic component of the University. Implements programs and initiatives with defined retention and graduation outcomes. Provides a variety of student support services such as: mentoring, tutoring, accessibility services, early crisis intervention and academic guidance in collaboration with their Academic Adviser. Provides career services to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out the day-to-day functional operations, to include career advisement and academic guidance while ensuring compliance with university policies.
- Works with students experiencing academic difficulty, on a one-on-one basis to identify student needs and concerns as well as engage students in campus life to assist in retention.
- Develop and implement advising and orientation programs that focus on student retention to include tutoring, assessment, academic success workshops, at- risk student advising, and co-curricular education programs.
- Coordinates the training of student tutors and/or mentors.
- Implements and maintains operating policies, objectives, and plans; develops procedures, protocols and systems to assist in the accomplishment of established organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide students and alumni with guidance and information regarding resume editing, career decision-making, self- assessment, career options, goal setting, career research, the job/internship search process and graduate school admissions.
- Deliver a variety of career workshops, class presentations and programs on such topics to help students prepare for successful transitions to careers and/or graduate school.
- Provides individual career counseling for both students and alumnus on an ongoing
- In collaboration with various academic departments, promotes, reviews and approves credit internships and volunteer opportunities.
- Manages the on-line posting of internship and job placement.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Career and Success Center web sites and social media outlets; contribute to unit publications.
- Oversee the planning of the university's annual job and internship career fair.
- Updates, edits, produces and distributes educational materials as it relates to student career and success.
- Establish new relationships with corporations and other organizations related to career services and internship opportunities for Computer Science, Business and Education students.
- Works closely with potential employers to secure internship and job placement opportunities for students; provides support to employers with the university registration system, job postings, and on campus recruitment scheduling; assists employers with making connections on campus with appropriate academic departments.
- Develops employer recruiting policies and procedures. Promotes established guidelines and assist employers in setting up high quality internship and full-time experiences for students.
- Maintains documentation and records of all student interactions and generates regular performance reports summarizing student progress for analysis.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the accreditation process related to Career and Success Office.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution. Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Masters Degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience.
NAU is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment, and it is the policy of the University to recruit qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff, and student body. NAU does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its admission policies, educational programs, or employment of faculty and staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 to $53,000.00 /year
- university career and success office: 3 years