Goodwill of Silicon Valley is looking for outstanding, goal oriented Retail Candidates to fill their Assistant Manager positions at their Milpitas Store. Only Candidates with Retail Supervisory experience should apply.
Goodwillsv is open seven days a week and as an Assistant Manager, you will be opening and closing, so you must have a flexible schedule, though you will not be working more than 40 hours/week!
Goodwill of Silicon Valley isn't just another job--it's a mission. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees' careers and building long-term relationships with our customers and employees. It's fun, diverse, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
As a part of Goodwill's Retail Management Team, you'll wear many hats--you'll be a mentor, a problem solver, your team's biggest fan, as well as a driver of business. In this role, you'll set the example by. . .
- Being all about your team--from assisting in the hiring and training process, to developing and motivating them.
- You'll lead by example how to deliver amazing customer service every day while developing future leaders.
- Using your broad knowledge of business skills to assist in initiating creative business ideas which will enable your team to work together to meet store and individual goals, as well as maintain accurate inventory.
- Assist in ensuring the department merchandising is inspirational for customers.
- Provide high profile leadership and direction by maintaining positive customer service and employee morale.
- Accountable for all aspects of store operations
- Conduct Daily Huddles When On Duty per guidelines.
- Ensure that safety and security is maintained, reporting all problems/hazards immediately.
- Accountable to meeting Store Goals, both revenue and profit.
- Accountable to meet daily, weekly, monthly production goals by monitoring the production processes, ensuring pricing staff is well trained, and flow of goods to the floor is timely. This includes ensuring proper rotation is followed at all times.
- Responsible for leading team during shifts in the absences of additional leadership staff, including but not limited to, coaching/counseling, and training.
- Accountable for cash register operations, all monies received, daily bank deposits, sales receipts and inventory and to protect these assets from either internal and external losses.
- Ensure proper training of employees regarding company policies and procedures, job requirements and expectations, operation of equipment, safety, security and store housekeeping.
- Ensure that all paperwork and reports are completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Contribute as directed to the training of community service clients assigned to the store.
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
Job specifications: Proficient in the English language Education/license required: High School Diploma or equivalent is required Experience/knowledge required: Minimum 1 year of retail Management experience
Equipment used: Ten-key or calculator, telephone, personal computer, printer, fax machine, cash register On-occasion other equipment used: Pushcarts, boxes, barrels, hand trucks, z-racks, clothing/display racks, mattress cart.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, staff, and the public.
- Ability to accept responsibility for direction, planning and control of the store operations.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions and communicate these clearly based on established policies.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain positive employee morale.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to perform all cash/check/credit transactions and related bank transmittal paperwork accurately.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform opening/closing procedures, including cash register operation.
- Ability to discriminate between color/design/arrangement as they relate to displays and merchandising.
- Ability to coordinate hand-eye-foot movements to safely move around fixtures and merchandise. * Ability to move hands and fingers quickly to count money/change and operate cash register.
Emotional effort: Must have demonstrated experience and ability working in a dynamic, fast-paced and time-flexible working environment
Work is performed in an enclosed storeroom floor. The area is heated and ventilated. Stores have a receiving area where work is performed on a daily basis. Dust and dirt are controlled by daily cleaning and are insignificant. Working/standing surface is uniform. Noise and vibrations are not significant; however radios and televisions may be turned on.
Physical demands: Fast work pace with constant standing and walking The job involves light physical work demands requiring lifting 30lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10lbs. Large or heavy items are moved by using appropriate material handling equipment and/or with assistance from co-worker. Safety handling procedures must be followed. Normal or corrected talking, hearing, and seeing abilities are sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Management Style – Belief in empowering employees through the use of coaching and positive motivational techniques
- Organizational Skills – Results orientated, can meet high standards, goals and objectives
- Accountability Style – Holds employees accountable for standards and serves as a mentor in their professional development. Open to 360 degree feedback
- Collaborative – Sees value in working and forging effective relationships with others
- Teamwork – Willing to work as part of a team, enjoys sharing credit with colleagues
- Problem Solver – Ability to simplify complicated issues and develop traditional and nontraditional solutions Interpersonal Acumen
- Integrity – posses the highest ethical standards, trustworthy and transparent
- Interpersonal Savvy – ability to relate and build constructive relationships with employees, customers, clients, and board members
- Composure – ability to remain calm and collected under pressure
- Communication – strong communicator, excellent listening skills and ability to develop and make effective presentations to Goodwill employees
- Energetic – Enthusiastic with a strong personal work ethic
- Sense Of Humor – ability to see the fun and enjoyment in work environment and portray a sense of humor Responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of Company/Store Leadership , formally or informally either orally or in writing.
**Key holder experience required.
Please send resumes so that we may invite you to an interview. You may also apply online at www.Goodwillsv.org/jobs, and apply under the MilpitasStore and the ASM position!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Retail Supervisor or Assistant Management: 2 years (Required)