The Health Services Manager, leads a Clinical Operations team comprised of Supervisors and paraprofessionals, including but not limited to RNs, LVNs, LPNs,and Medical Assistants to ensure that paraprofessional services are provided in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Supervise and evaluate all daily activities of MinuteClinic Health Services Supervisory staff; indirect supervision of daily activities and performance of MinuteClinic paraprofessionals
- Monitor staffing needs and adjust as needed and develop staffing strategies to meet clinic and volume demands.
- Manage paraprofessional payroll to budget
- Participate in quality reviews and monitoring to ensure compliance with departmental procedures and company quality standards. Participate in the quality improvement program as requested.
- Review and evaluate individual performance annually and on an on-going basis and initiate and carry out any necessary disciplinary actions.
- Partner with internal clinical and operations partners to evaluate and revise procedures and processes to facilitate quality care and improve Health Services practices.
- Maintain knowledge base relative to new laws/policies affecting paraprofessional scope of practice and monitor staff compliance with the same.
- Participate in budget process as needed and ensure adherence to budget parameters.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Paraprofessional performance oversight and monitoring at the national level
- Performance metrics
- Trend and opportunity identification
- Serves as liaison to Area Directors regarding day-to-day performance of Paraprofessional workforce
- Serves as leadership point of escalation for issues that cannot be managed by Supervisors alone
- Establishes, implements, and coordinates operational initiatives in support of Paraprofessional workforce
- Works in partnership with internal operations, physician management, clinical services, and field teams to establish appropriate operational processes, parameters, and goals
- Partners to identify training and knowledge needs at a macro level via data analysis; participates in the development of action plans to address training and knowledge need opportunities
- Implements, evaluates and leads ongoing continuous quality improvement support for best in class Paraprofessional operations and practice
- Partners to create and implement staffing strategies designed to meet local needs and respond to labor market challenges
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health care operations or administration.
Experience managing teams in a health care setting required
Familiarity with governing and regulatory bodies impacting scope of service, licensure, and credentialing
Process improvement and operations experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships, effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to adapt to change, perform critical analysis, plan, organize and evaluate effectively, willingness/ability to give performance feedback to employees, willingness to travel and high level of computers skills including working knowledge of Windows, email, and Word.
- Some travel will be required
Previous Clinic, Hospital or Clinical Office Management Experience.
Bachelor’s degree required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health MinuteClinic practitioner, you have the unique opportunity to manage your clinic and treat your own patients, in an autonomous environment, always knowing you have the support of your colleagues, managers and collaborating physicians, behind you.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.