Why “The Flying Locksmiths”?
The Flying Locksmiths – South Atlanta, GA is growing and is looking for an Office Administrative/Book Keeping Assistant to join our team.
PURPOSE AND ROLE
Provide administrative assistance and general bookkeeping and accounting assistance; filing and maintaining bills; entering of purchase transactions, reconciling invoices, purchase orders, and returns; maintain company documentation; employee documentation and calendars; and other general office assistance that may be needed for a growing business.
General bookkeeping/accounting responsibilities
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Enter data into computer system using QuickBooks Pro and any other client specific program
- Reconcile records and look for discrepant data including invoice reconciliation with purchase orders and shipments sent/received daily as well as reconciliation of returns received/sent
- Compute and submit monthly sales tax
- General filing/bill maintenance
- Set-up, update, and maintain physical file system as well as electronic file system
- Ensure all bills are being paid on time and accurately – reconcile any discrepancies, set up auto pay, ensure bill payments working properly, pay bills on time that don’t allow auto pay etc.
- Drive to bank to deposit checks/solve issues, if necessary
- Assist with general office management tasks as needed
- Maintain documentation for each employee file – new hire forms, job descriptions, write ups, calendars, etc.
- Maintain supplies, answer office phone calls, update company phone profile, create streamlined purchasing accounts for supplies, create tracking spreadsheets etc.
- Set up meetings, keep calendars updated, set up reminders
- Communicate with clients as asked via email and phone for executive team/managers
- Process supply orders for stores/warehouse/managers
- Inventory management, place purchase orders, follow-up on purchase orders, payment of invoices, etc.
- Post updates to linkedin, facebook, website for company social media presence
- Calculate performance metrics
- Coordinate company gatherings
Scheduling and Reporting Software Responsibilities:
- Interaction with TFL Call Center. Attend all calls from the call center and schedule jobs accordingly.
- Learn quickly and have intimate knowledge of Flight Control software. Intake of new job, managing existing jobs, rescheduling jobs based on location, follow-up with customers and call center for jobs. Accuracy and completeness of customer and location information.
- Tracking tech input of jobs in Flight Control. Tech call customer prior to arrival at job site, enroute, working, parts run, break (short break or lunch break)
- Tracking customer appointment status of techs with customers. Scheduled, estimates, parts required, in progress, incomplete, finished.
- Maintain price book and service rates in Flight Control
- Track tech clock-in/clock-out hours, enroute, parts run, break, working hours in Flight Control.
- Produce bi-weekly hours report of Clock-in/Clock-out and Lunch break for Payroll purposes.
- Compile all sign-off sheets and upload them into FC into appropriate jobs. Confirm invoices have been created and check invoices for accuracy (sales tax, parts pricing, labor, etc.)
- Collect any checks, cash both from tech and from US Postal Mail and hand over to management for deposits.
- High level of trustworthiness with regards to proprietary information
- Extreme attention to detail and fast learner
- Smart, efficient, and even-tempered
- Familiarity of bookkeeping procedures
- Fast typing/keyboarding abilities
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office, Windows
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Accurate math skills
- Experience organizing and maintaining standard filing systems and digital systems
- Prioritizing a work-load given from multiple people within the company
- Ability to act independently and accurately with minimal direction if necessary
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage technicians, customers and call center effectively and efficiently.
Job Type: Full time
Required Experience: 5 Years
Job Type: Full time
Salary: - Commensurate with experience and skills
- Peachtree City, GA (South Atlanta)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20,000.00 to $24,000.00 /year
- office assistant: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Peachtree City, GA (Preferred)