UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Under general supervision, identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluated results for a wide variety of patient populations. Directs and acts as resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned. Promotes compliance and support of policies. Achieves trust in professional collegial relationships
- While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- A current California RN license.
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six (6) months of hire date.
- PALS certification.
- Minimum of one to two (1 - 2) years of Emergency Room RN experience (within the past two years).
- Proven nursing clinical skills to identify and implement nursing interventions and evaluate results for Emergency Room patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work within a busy team environment.
- BSN preferred.
- Experienced Emergency RNs only.
- Must be able to work in both Emergency Departments (Hillcrest and Thornton) as needed.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.