The Master Scheduler oversees the function of scheduling activities. The Master Scheduler is responsible for balancing production and inventory levels with demand to support targets consistent with customer delivery levels, inventory turns and goals and capacity utilization.
- Communicate short and long-term customer production and resolve any system / data issues
- Identify and Report finished good and component capacity issues based on customer schedules and negotiated/actual production capacity.
- Ensures timely output of product in response to customer orders: identify, analyse, address, and communicate customer production/ EDI/ systems issues in a timely manner - work to develop solutions in coordination with customer, IT, and plant material/production teams
- Publish plant production schedules from customer releases as required. Calculate resulting requirements for raw materials, WIP, purchases parts and packaging based on MRP methodology.
- Maintain sales order / plant part relationships, troubleshoot any customer system issues, and update records based on approved change requests
- Confirm expected customer schedule receipts and resolve any issues with records / EDI issues
- Manage consignment record interchanges and ensure all issues are resolved in timely manner
- Support team in data management and reporting
- Plans, coordinates and executes product bank builds in accordance to company policies
- Participation in physical inventory and inventory analysis
- Participates in Launch, Balance Out and End Change meetings.
- Publish and perform root cause analysis in Actual vs. Scheduled Production, Downtime and Company KPIs.
- Bachelor's Level Degree Area of Study: Production Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or similar. *Equivalent work experience may also be considered for certain positions.
- 2-5 Minimum Years of Experience within the automotive manufacturing supply chain environment
- 1 -3 Minimum Years of Experience with material planning, master scheduling, OEM systems experience
- High level of process focus, attention to detail, documentation, and continuous improvement
- High level of analytical ability, use of excel tools, MRP / ERP systems
- Positive teamwork orientation
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to process time sensitive information and orders to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to accurately communicate with co-workers and management, as well as external customers.
- Working knowledge of QAD Phoenix (MRP/ERP), Customer Portals (Stellantis, Ford, GM), MES/Pyramid (Plant Floor manufacturing systems), MS Office, Database and reporting tools