*DEADLINE TO APPLY: DECEMBER 7, 2018
Advocacy/Public Policy/Legislature/Government Relations/Government Affairs Internship
- Council on American-Islamic Relations, Massachusetts
- Unpaid/4-5Hours per week
- January-March/April 2019 Timeframe
- This internship is available in Boston, MA. Must be able to travel to our South Station office and the MA State House.
Overview of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Massachusetts
- The Massachusetts chapter of CAIR was founded in 2015. The mission of the National organization and the MA chapter is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Government Affairs Department
- Working alongside the Government Affairs Director, CAIR-MA Policy Fellows will learn how to navigate the Massachusetts legislative process by selecting and being the main CAIR-MA advocate and contact person for a piece of legislation using a civil rights lens. Legislation can be health, education, or environment focused. Fellows will also help establish and grow relationships with members of the MA House and Senate.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship