Conducts required Equipment Operator development training phases I and II, and executes quality control inspections at the job site to ensure district compliance with company standards, procedures, and policies. The Technical District Trainer is also responsible for creating bi-weekly training and compliance reports to identify district performance trends.
This position will report and take direction from the District Trainer.
All candidates are required to apply for positions on our company website
- Primary trainer for Equipment Operator Development Program (EODP) phase I and II.
- Coordinates with district management team to develop and implement training schedules for EODP phase I and II.
- Secondary trainer for EODP phase III and Service Supervisor candidate program (SSCP).
- Execute individual field evaluations for EODP phase II and III performance and compliance.
- Coordinates with Field Supervisors to develop and execute schedule for Equipment Operator, individual field evaluation.
- Maintains individual field evaluation reports, and submit results to the regional training team.
- Maintains quality service by conducting weekly field operations compliance audits focused on company standards, procedures and policies.
- Completes bi-weekly compliance review report.
- Maintains rapport with the district management team, and provide operations assistance when needed.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively train others.
- Working knowledge of pressure pumping operations.
- Extensive experience operating, maintaining and troubleshooting pressure pumping units and ancillary equipment.
- Superior problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- Willing to work outside of normal office hours.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry with pressure pumping as an integral part of the business.
- 3 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry operating pressure pumping equipment.
- 1-year experience operating, maintain and troubleshooting pressure pumping equipment.
- 1-year experience as a trainer, or instructor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Additional Details: This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The candidate must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays. Variable work hours include regular after-hours and possible weekend commitments. Possible travel to job sites as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pressure pumping: 2 years (Required)
- Trainer / Instructor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Oil & Gas: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)