Currently recruiting for a full-time Paralegal to be based in our Chicago, Kansas City or New York office (other locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis). This position will support the Corporate practice group and will report to the Senior Practice Director for the practice group.
- Assist lawyers throughout the lifecycle of corporate transactions and prepare documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide support in due diligence reviews.
- Coordinate closing of transactions, create and manage signature page packages and delivery of all documents and deliverables, confirm contents of appropriate closing checklists, assemble closing books with detailed indices, and handle other requirements at closing.
- Handle corporate and securities filings, including but not limited to Form D and state blue sky filings.
- Prepare, review and file UCC financing statements.
- Order and evaluate UCC, lien, litigation and similar searches.
- Handle entity formation and maintenance along with related filings.
- Review and assemble officer’s certificates, resolutions, organizational documents and other deliverables.
- Work on special assignments that may require conducting routine fact or legal research, preparing reports and handling associated filings.
- Interface with firm clients and other outside entities regarding assigned matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree required or Paralegal Certificate and equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience required, preferably in a law firm setting.
- Blue sky experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision are essential.
- Must have superior client service and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to interact and work productively with all levels of lawyers, paraprofessionals and business services team members.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and privacy with confidential matters and documents.
- Ability to provide direction and training to junior team members.
- Ability to recognize and comprehend facts and legal concepts.
- Strong computer technical skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PDF creation tool(s), document management software and Elite or other timekeeping software is required.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- Corporate Paralegal: 5 years (Required)
- Document management systems: 5 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Required)
Work Location: In person