Diversey delivers customers smart and sustainable solutions for increased productivity, improved food safety and infection prevention through the integration of state of the art cleaning offerings and technology-enabled services that enhance user experience.
This role will provide sales and service support to an existing customer base, along with prospecting for new industrial food & beverage accounts. Technical expertise will be used to identify correct chemical dosing and applications for specific procedures, troubleshooting product and application problems, identifying correct resources required to diagnose and solve issues at customer accounts. The job requires the candidate to recommend solutions to improve sanitation and operation procedures at our customer locations and prospect and develop new sales.
- Business Development/Sales – cold calls, prospecting, survey/audits, presentations,
- Servicing accounts - plant chemical management, sanitation program review, training on safety, chemical use concentrations, troubleshooting on cleaning issues, identify plant operational savings in water, energy, and labor,
- Account profitability review, review of products sold to accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Time Management for monthly service and reporting, presentation skills.
- Office support i.e. email and phone communications, report writing, and continuing account manager education.
- BA/BS Degree. Preferred in Food, Dairy, or Meat Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, and/or Life Sciences. Consider applicable and extensive experience in food manufacturing operations with high school diploma in lieu of BA.
- 5+ years experience in a Chemical Sales role, servicing CIP./Sanitiation needs to Food & Beverage Accounts OR 5+ years of experience in food, dairy, and/or beverage manufacturing plant in a management level position.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to travel overnight up to 60% (Average of 2-3 overnights per week)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good understanding of Clean-In-Place (CIP) in food, beverage, and dairy operation(s).
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends) to accommodate cleaning operations and preventative maintenance schedules within plants.
- Ability to work in an industrial plant environment and remain compliant with all company and customer plant, safety, and OSHA requirements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous cleaning chemical sales/service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- High sense of drive and urgency with a positive outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- food sanitation: 5 years
- CIP (Clean in Place): 5 years
Required work authorization: