Food and Nutrition Service Utility Worker - FT, Mixed (rotating weekends)(Job Number: 03132-85917)
Work Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Job Type: Food Services & Nutrition
Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 102 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.comand select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Food Service Worker assists with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
2. Demonstrates a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
3. Maintains and cleans work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Delivers and retrieves patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
5. Replenishes foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; may replenish condiments as needed.
6. Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adheres to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date