STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring a Head of Finance in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Responsible for the regional finance function with focus on, but not limited to, business partnering to the regional MD, commercial finance and FP&A areas and with a strong working relationship to the global controller for the controllership area.
Major/Key Accountabilities The Regional Head of Finance key responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
Commercial Support and Business Partnering:
- Commercial support and Business Partnering, particularly to the managing director (MD) and commercial team as well as FP&A team and CFO
- Assess all commercial offers to existing and potential customers and assure the offers are profitable and within acceptable risk boundaries
- Lead the commercial finance aspect of all RFPs, RFQ, bids and renewals and assure all business cases are supported by reliable input and data
- Team up with and challenge the Commercial team in developing attractive and creative solutions to the customer
- Support the business in the development of new service offers that are profitable, sustainable, and at an acceptable risk for the investment
- Own and drive monthly and/or quarterly profitability reviews of key Pooling and MRO customers and develop action plans to increase profitability
- Support enhancements of customer discovery, pricing models and pricing architecture
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Own, deliver and coordinate the rolling 12 months forecast and annual budget process, as well as the strategic plan, including the creation of models to drive the process
- Develop and deliver business metrics, providing the link between accounting information and business decisions
- Developing a reporting framework and process to integrate the MRO and Pooling businesses into one regional P&L.
- Partner closely with the Europe based controllership and global operations team for the Pooling product to understand key drivers and KPIs for the ongoing Pooling results
- Develop and deliver the monthly management reports and presentations
- Executive decision support
- Build, design and utilize system capability, mainly in Tagetik (consolidation & reporting tool and SAPByDesign)
- Lead and support the controller in coordinating and leading the monthly, half yearly and annual closing processes, ensuring quick and accurate financial closing supported by sound financial analysis
- Manage and drive financial control across the business (2 countries,14+ stations and 8+ Pooling customers) and ensure internal and external deadlines and requirements are met
- Minimise risk through balance sheet control to ensure all company assets and liabilities are fairly stated
- Develop and implement improvements to internal controls and processes to ensure integrity and efficiency
- Provide comprehensive advice on a broad range of compliance, financial, accounting and tax topics and issues
- Manage and drive statutory, tax and legal compliance, ensuring 100% compliance to statutory filing requirements
- Support the preparation of the annual IFRS group financial statements, including preparation of the IFRS financial statements and notes to the account
- Lead the annual United States audit as part of the Group audit ensuring adherence to financial standards, high quality provision of information and adherence to external deadlines
- Conduct annual impairment reviews, identifying the relevant drivers affecting future valuation and providing evidence and reports to group auditors to meet IFRS requirements
Systems & Processes:
- Oversee the use and own the accuracy of the regional systems and data for SAP ByDesign, Basware (AP system), Tagetik (consolidation and planning software).
- Experience with Tagetik as strong PLUS
- Customer profitability trending
- Business achievement of KPIs.
- Rolling forecasts and annual budgets completed with accuracy and delivered on time.
- Timely business case submissions and successful wins
- Launch of new business development initiative
- Monthly close analysis and reporting completed with sufficient level of insight, accuracy and delivered on time
- Key Relationships Internal External
- Global controller
- Most commercial airlines, existing and new customers
- Americas managing director
- Americas commercial team
- FP&A Manager & analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Commerce/Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA, CFA or CMA certification preferred
- 7 - 10+ years managerial finance experience
- 3+ years of FP&A and proven controllership experience in a major corporation
- Strong commercial experience and business acumen
- Multi-country financial management experience
- Proven success in delivering business analysis and commercial support
- Experience in logistics, pooling and/or aviation industry a plus
- Skills and Knowledge § Strong financial leadership skills, including FP&A and commercial finance
- Proven track record of successful business partnering
- Strong business acumen
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Resilience and creativity when faced with road blocks
- Working knowledge of integrated financial systems and their extension into other components of the business
- Strong commercial finance and planning & analysis skills with the leadership and development of budgeting, reporting and incentive management processes and systems into a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communication with the leadership team, corporate HQ and the finance organisation
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page.
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 38651
Job Type: Contract
- managerial finance: 9 years
- Multi-country financial management: 5 years
- FP&A and proven controllership: 3 years
- logistics, pooling and/or aviation industry: 5 years
- Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Required work authorization: