Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Behavioral Specialist
to help effectively support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The ideal candidate will have experience designing individualized behavior intervention and support plans, using functional behavior assessment tools, and designing and using appropriate methods of data collection.
This position will be based in Wayne, NJ but support all Community Options Enterprises operations in NJ.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current BCBA certification.
- 2+ years working with individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in writing and implementing behavioral support plans.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Conduct behavioral assessments upon request of team member or another appropriate referral source.
- Actively participate in treatment team meetings, ensuring a person-centered approach to care.
- Conduct and document staff training on how to implement the behavioral management plans including techniques, required documentation, behavior guidelines, etc.
- Document individual’s progress and assesses interventions and collaborative services.
- Review and revise behavior support plans as indicated by the individual's progress and needs.
- Support and encourage consumer to increase his/her ability to problem solve and be as independent as possible.
- Provide crisis management services as necessary.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
- Flexible schedule as determined by needs of the consumer and supervisor.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Dina.Casalaspro@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities