Greets and welcomes patients, employees, internal and external customers.
Answers routine inquiries, and directs to the appropriate department.
answers, screens and transfers telephone calls.
Performs clerical duties as required.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- Greets visitors, answer routine inquires, and directs visitors to the appropriate office.
- Processes requests for information in person, via phone and/or email in accordance with established policies and procedures, particularly regarding confidentiality.
- Answers routine questions or refers to the appropriate source for resolution.
- Ensures information is forwarded to the correct department and calls are routed to the appropriate personnel.
- Check and verifies valid Virtua ID and/or ensures log is signed according to security procedures.
- Performs clerical duties such as creating new admission packets, processing faxes, sorting and distributing mail, retrieving and filing reports and medical records.
- Assists other personnel as requested, participates in quality reviews and new staff orientation.
Up to 6 months general office experience or experience in retail or other service industry where direct public contact is required.
Basic computer user skills (data entry, information look-ups, word processing). Attention to detail and accuracy.
Good Communication skills (verbal-written-listening) in order to interact with internal staff and external clientele or suppliers.
Ability to project a courteous, tactful, and pleasant manner to patients/families/employees and members of the health care team at all times.