At BCS, we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our customers and our team members. By joining our team, you are joining us in our mission to deliver truly advanced data center operations.
Perks and Highlights:
· Competitive salary
· Annual performance bonus
· Christmas bonus
· No travel beyond the site. Beautiful, modern facility & clean environment
· Work shirts provided by BCS
· Full benefits package, including 401k, all medical benefits, and profit-sharing
· 3-2-2 schedule pattern, with rotating weekends
· 12-hour shifts; 6am-6pm & 6pm-6am
· 3 & 4-day workweeks are typical (84 hours per pay period)
· Plus over-time
BCS is a Data Center management firm managing a data center located in Northwest Houston. We are looking for a local professional to join our team, serving one of our valued Texas clients.
The Data Center Operation (DCO) Technician will be responsible for assisting customers on the Data Center floor as well via Phone, performing customer equipment installs, managing tickets within the defined ticketing system, and communicating and escalating alerts and requests to both clients and BCS FM Operations center for updates and resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides remote hands and eyes for customers
· Completes new cabling projects as well as managing the existing cabling infrastructure
· Creates tickets within the established ticketing system to address customer calls, Data center facility, network and/or system-related alerts
· Maintains accurate and detailed logs within the established ticketing system for customer calls and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of Data center facility, network, and customer-related issues
· Installs cabinets/Cages and customer equipment based on documentation provided by provisioning and established Data Center Operation procedures
· Works with customers, other branch engineers, and management to communicate ticket status
· Manages Work Tickets to include:
o Ensures tickets are being opened, worked on and escalated based on set standards
o Reviews all resolved tickets to ensure properly documented resolution.
o Ensures details of the problems and steps taken to resolve tickets.
· Works in and performs duties in various departments, as needed, based on facility
· Racks & Stacks, Cable Management, Custom Cabling Creation and installation
· Builds cabinets and cages and performs ladder rack installation
· Performs cable terminations and testing
· Extends telecom circuits
· Performs general dock work; loading and unloading, shipping and receiving Duties
· Other duties as requested by Team lead and supervisor
· Flexibility, including the willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations. Openness to new ideas and procedures.
· Must have excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal, and written skills along with good grammar and the ability to take accurate notes
· Must be capable of handling multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure while maintaining strong customer service and professionalism
· Highly motivated to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal direct supervision.
· Strong desire to learn new technologies and apply them.
· Strong customer service skills
· Strong project organization skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workflow.
Essential duties are done both inside and outside, in climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled conditions. Exposure to wet (and humidity), extreme temperatures, noise, vibration, mechanical hazards, radiant energy hazards, electrical hazards, explosive hazards, and burn hazards. Climbing ladders and scaffolding as required to complete and supervise work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching upward, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Work is in a data center setting and will require effort associated with using a computer.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Must be able to work varying shifts in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment
Travel is minimal if required.
Required Education and Experience
· Minimum of 1-year experience working in a Data Center, NOC or similar help Desk or Data center environment
· Working knowledge of Data Center Terminology and Tools of the trade; able to apply terminology and tools.
· Hands-on experience with multiple versions (2003, 2007, and 2010) of the Microsoft Office Suite to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, also Visio and access
· Hands-on experience with a ticketing system and the lifecycle of an incident
Preferred Education and Experience
· Preferred Certifications include, but are not limited to, A+, Net+, DCCA, CDCP, CDCTP
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Computer Science or another related field is preferred.
· Previous experience working with BMS/BAS systems using SMTP, BACNET, Controls logic and command line
· Previous experience implementing, coordinating, or support of private networks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Knowledge of applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances in performing data/communications and MEP projects.
· Must be willing to submit to a full criminal background check, results of which may or may not bar employment, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
· Must be willing to submit to a drug screen, in which results will be interpreted and applied to an employment eligibility determination in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
If this position is assigned to work outside of the U.S., a candidate must be eligible to meet all requirements for foreign national employees in other assigned countries.
BCS FM, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Other Duties DISCLAIMER
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Hands-On Ticketing System & Incident Lifecycle: 2 years (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Data Center Terminology & Tools: 2 years (Preferred)
- BMS/BAS systems using SMTP/BACNET/Controls Logic/CommandLine: 2 years (Preferred)
- Critical Facilities Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Racking/Stacking, building server cages, running cables: 2 years (Preferred)
- Data Center-Specific: 2 years (Preferred)
- Minimum of experience Preferred Required: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- A+ Certified (Preferred)
- Net+ (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 12 hour shift