PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
PwC established New Ventures to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market.
New Ventures identifies, develops, and commercializes technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other IP-based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within the Firm, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue.
The product management team is responsible for
understanding and meeting market and customer requirements, technology trends, and the competitive field.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience:
Minimum Degree Required:
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a related field.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Developing digital products, release planning, and creating roadmaps;
- Managing and creating backlog/requirements and utilizing prioritization planning;
- Creating competitive analyses for potential products to drive appropriate segmentation approaches and to develop preliminary business cases refining them all as emergent information arises;
- Understanding of software development and associated methods/frameworks;
- Understanding of design and/or user experience principles;
- Identifying and understanding product performance drivers and establishing success metrics; and,
- Utilizing software tools used in agile development (e.g. Jira, Rally 1, Pivotal).
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Working with high level UX principles such as user stories, pretotype/prototype development approaches and information architecture and customer/product research methodologies (e.g., A/B testing and MVT);
- Designing engaging user experiences for desktop, web, or mobile apps;
- Designing, conducting and analyzing customer and prospect interviews;
- Creating business cases for new features based on needs assessment and feasibility;
- Generating requirement documents to share product features and decisions to all stakeholders;
- Working with UI/UX and development teams taking features from concept through to deployment in an agile based process; and
- Managing backlogs, feature reviews, and postmortems on sprints and deployments.