Vehicle Mechanic (Hatfield, Pa.)
Praxair, Inc. is a Fortune 300 company with $11 billion in sales. We are the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings.
Truck Mechanic / Journeyman Diesel Mechanic
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain rolling stock, running gear, suspension systems, etc.
- Must be able to use manufacture manuals to perform maintenance and/or repairs fleet vehicles
- Maintain fleet appearance by repairing and re-fabricating body parts
- Maintains parts inventory to include tires, fuel, and oil/ lubricants
- Perform road calls to help keep trucks moving to customers
- Must have or must be able to get air brake certification
- Must have or must be able to get air conditioner repair certification
- Must be able to do preventive maintenance on all rolling equipment
Have a combination of training and/or experience totaling at least 1 year. Such training and/or experience may consist of:
- Participation in a truck manufacturer-sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in truck operation and maintenance;
- Experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program;
- Experience as a mechanic or inspector in truck maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility;
- Experience as a commercial vehicle inspector for a State, Provincial or Federal Government.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all instrumentation issues in compliance with manufacturer recommended repair on product flow meter
- Execute all PM's-CM's and other calibration requirements with proper documentation on all meter recalibrations
- Understand and use various diagnostic and calibration equipment (i.e. Fluke, pressure gauges, meter prover, etc.)
- Read and maintain schematic wiring diagrams for tractor pto, and potentiometer systems, etc.
- Maintain full compliance with trucking bulletins and alerts
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all control system issues pertaining to the tractor PTO, potentiometer, and flow meter
- Maintain spare parts inventory systems assigned to their position as identified by plant Distribution Supervisor
- Understand and Troubleshoot cryo pump systems - Cryomach, ACD, and Blackmer
- Understand and capable of seal replacement and pump rebuilds for your system of trailers
- Understand trailer components and operations (i.e. hoses, piping, safeties, valves, and check valves, etc.)
- Understand and troubleshoot PTO interlock systems and anti-pull away valves
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply please follow these instructions:
- Visit www.praxair.com/careers
- Click on "All Jobs" on the left of the page
- When the Praxair Job Board opens up, click on "Advanced Search" on the top left of the page
- In the Requisition ID field type in: 18000449 and then click "search" at the bottom of the page
- Click the down arrow under the action field and select apply to begin the application process
Job Type: Full-time
- Air Brake
- AC Certification