About NYC Health + Hospitals
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
1 . Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews patient to gather all relevant data, including but not limited to general health, activity status, medical history, medication history (including OTCs), and immunization history.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in soecific disease states.
- Assesses medication regimens and makes modifications so as to achieve desired therapeutic outcomes, providing direct pharmaceutical care in the outpatient ambulatory setting.
- Supports and assists patient or caregiver to obtain prescriptions; confirms prescription insurance coverage, formulary status and ability of patient to obtain medications. Collaborates with patient assistance programs and finance team to eliminate or reduce financial barriers to therapy
2 . Strategic Planning & Operational Performance
- Serves as an operational resource for internal team members to expedite problem identification and resolution of barriers to therapy, provision of patient-specific updates, and team interactions.
3 . HR Development
- Oversees the training, development, and evaluation of clinical pharmacy residents or interns, if applicable, with a focus on performance and retention.
4 . Regulatory Compliance
- Performs duties under defined protocols outlined in collaborative agreement, in accordance with H+H policies and procedures and in compliance with all state and federal laws, guidelines and regulations.
- Maintains all pharmacy licensing and regulatory requirements, including state board license/registration, recertifications, and accreditations.
5 . Performs related duties, as required.
1. A valid New York State license and current registration to practice pharmacy; and
2. Must be certified to practice Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTM) by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- PharmD degree required; and,
- Completion of a pharmacy post graduate residency, PGY-I and/or PGY-2
- Immunization Certification and Current BLS Certification, required.
- Eligible for Board Certification from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties or currently Board Certified
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, Project, Excel, Word and standard computer programs
- Prior experience with EPIC EMR/Willow Ambulatory
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- CDTM Certification (Required)