Water Resources Engineer - (171310)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Water Resources Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Provide project engineering and task management, conduct difficult to complex hydraulic and hydrologic modeling conduct stormwater collection systems modeling and design collect, assimilate and present data in reports, memos and public forums lead production of design calculations and technical reports and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities and other hydraulic structures
- Work independently in addition to planning, organizing and assisting groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task
- Conduct water resources planning, plan formulation and concept development, and develop planning documentation
- Assist in water resources permitting efforts
- Perform other duties as needed
Keywords: Water Resources Engineer, hydraulic modeling, hydrologic modeling, water detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities, hydraulic structures, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), FLO-2D, storm drain system analysis
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in water resources engineering projects
- Experience with HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), FLO-2D, storm drain system analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Tucson, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Employee Status: Regular
BusinessClass: Dams Levees Civil Works
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2023